Friday, February 28, 2014

Movie Review: Celeste and Jesse Forever (2012)

It had to be you

Celeste and Jesse have been married for several years, but are in the process of getting divorced.  The problem is that they still spend loads of time together.  Jesse actually lives in the studio space behind the home that they used to share.  When Jesse finds someone else, Celeste has to come to grips with losing him for good.  Some parts of the film are cheesy and made me groan.  Some are too far fetched and made me say, 'that could never happen to a real person.'  At the same time, I loved this film.  The thing which makes me like this film as much I do is the fact that I cared about the characters.  I cared how Jesse' new relationship worked out.  And I cared about how Celeste's life might turn out.  Very strong performances by both Samberg and Jones makes this a very enjoyable viewing.

Celeste and Jesse Forever gets 3.5 out of 5 stars!

Director:
Writer: ,
Starring: , ,
Rotten Tomatoes: 70%
Metacritic: 59%


No comments:

Post a Comment

Start a discussion, leave messages, comments, jokes, whatever!