Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Movie Review: Goodbye Solo (2008)

Everybody needs a friend

Solo, a Senegalese taxi driver befriends William, an older white man.  William wants Solo to take him to Blowing Rock, NC, a few hours from Winston-Salem, but he doesn't want to return.  Their relationship is tenuous at best.  I watched this because I recently saw a trailer for an intriguing film called At Any Price directed by Ramin Bahrani.  I was intrigued so I looked him up and it turns out that he's a local, meaning that he's from Winston-Salem, NC which is just down the road from me.  Anyways, this film, Goodbye Solo, is sincerely good.  The narrative is the kind that you get lost in, the camera work is great, and the acting is superb.  I've got his other films on my Netflix queue and am looking forward to seeing them. 

Goodbye Solo gets 4 out of 5 stars!

Director:
Writer: Ramin Bahrani,
Starring: , ,
Rotten Tomatoes: 95%
Metacritic: 89%

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start a discussion, leave messages, comments, jokes, whatever!