Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Computer Chess (2013)

Do you want to play a game?

When a group of computer programmers get together for their annual chess tournament, it isn't the humans who do the playing.  Instead, their machines are pitted one against the other.  Set in the early 1980s, before the World Wide Web and iPhones, when computers were machines which only a select group of people knew how to use.  This documentary like film is very interesting.  To be honest, I couldn't get into this film at first.  I watched the first 20 minutes or so one day with some friends, then watched the rest of it about three weeks later.  I'm glad I did watch the rest of it though.  The film is unique in so many ways and I can't think of anything that I've seen that remotely compares to it.  It is also entertaining and painfully, embarrassingly funny. 

Computer Chess gets 3.5 out of 5 stars!

Director:
Writer: Andrew Bujalski
Starring: , ,
Rotten Tomatoes: 86%
Metacritic: 74%


No comments:

Post a Comment

Start a discussion, leave messages, comments, jokes, whatever!