Monday, October 21, 2013

Gravity 3D (2013)

Oh the wonder

A routine space shuttle mission to repair the Hubble telescope goes horribly wrong.  The next two hours is a white knuckle ride through space.  My buddy Landon who saw it with me described Gravity with one perfect word - wonder.  It is rare than a film provokes a sense of wonder.  I think the last film I saw that really did this was Terrance Malick's Tree of Life. Gravity is a showcase for Cuarón's mastery of writing, imagination, and film making.  He resists the tendency to focus on anything else but the action.  And even when things slow down in this film, it is still tense.  Actually calling this film 'tense' is an understatement, like calling the new pope a nice guy.  Gravity is pure thriller at heart.  This film singlehandedly convinced me that I never ever want to go into space.  Lastly, I don't care for the new Hollywood wave of making almost every film a 3D movie, but having seen this one in 3D, I can't even imagine seeing it in regular 2D.  The 3D presentation was as much a character as the actors and added so much to an already amazing film. 

Gravity 3D showed some serious wow factor to get 5 out of 5 Poblanos!!

Director:
Writer: Alfonso Cuarón,
Starring: , ,
Rotten Tomatoes: 97%
Metacritic: 96%

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start a discussion, leave messages, comments, jokes, whatever!