Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Warm Bodies (2013)

Every time I think of you...

First, I love zombie flicks and have watched a good number of them.  So when I heard about a story where a zombie and a girl fall in love and then he becomes human, I was interested, to say the least.  The premise is intriguing, even original.  The introduction gave me hope that this would be one of my next favorite movies. Sadly, the rest of the film fails to live up the promise shown in the first five minutes.  I was hoping for something more on the level of Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, or Tucker and Dale vs. Evil, but got stuck with another sappy romantic comedy that wasn't very funny. 

With only 2 out of 5 Poblanos Warm Bodies failed to get my heart pumping...

Director: (50/50)
Writer: Jonathan Levine (screenplay), (novel)
Starring:  (X-Men First Class), (I Am Number Four, The Sorcerer's Apprentice),
Rotten Tomatoes: 81%
Metacritic: 59 out of 100



No comments:

Post a Comment

Start a discussion, leave messages, comments, jokes, whatever!