Saturday, May 5, 2012

My Week With Marilyn (2011)

Blonds have more fun
Young Colin Clark has managed to get a break in the film industry and is working on his first film.  Marilyn Monroe travels to England to make a film with Laurence Olivier.  Colin becomes a sort of confidant to Ms. Monroe.  The story is interesting enough, but not engrossing.  After a while, I stopped caring about the characters.  The most poignant moments of the film were when Ms. Monroe alluded to her past.  Michelle Williams captures her essence brilliantly.  She made me forget I was watching her play Marilyn Monroe; she seemed to be channeling instead of acting.  Oh and did I mention Hermione (Emma Watson) is in it too?


My Week With Marilyn is an average film with one standout performance which gets 3 out of 5 Poblanos!


Director: Simon Curtis
Writer: Adrian Hodges (screenplay), Colin Clark (books)
Starring: Michelle Williams (Blue Valentine), Eddie Redmayne and Kenneth Branagh
Rotten Tomatoes: 83%
Metacritic: 65 out of 100

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start a discussion, leave messages, comments, jokes, whatever!