Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Hunger Games (2012)

First, please read my book review to get the gist of the plot.  Having read the books, I was pleased with, but not overexcited about this film.  It was a good exploration of the book's ideas, but the book is so much better.  Nothing against the film, because I enjoyed it a lot but it is hard see a film based on a book that I love and not pick it apart ('they left this scene out' or 'hey, that didn't match the book').  Also, the jerky camera work was a bit distracting.  In general I don't enjoy that technique.  I can understand when people are running through the woods, but not when they're standing still.  But all in all, I enjoyed this film.


The Hunger Games film can't compete with the book, but still gets 3 out of 5 Poblanos!

Director: Gary Ross (writer of Big,  Seabiscuit)
Writer: Gary Ross, Suzanne Collins, Billy Ray
Starring:  Jennifer Lawrence (X-Men: First Class, Winter's Bone), Josh Hutcherson (Zathura: A Space Adventure, Bridge to Terabithia), Liam Hemsworth,
Rotten Tomatoes: 85%
Metacritic: 67 out of 100

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start a discussion, leave messages, comments, jokes, whatever!