Monday, March 5, 2012

The Future (2011)

This future is not so bright
A slacker couple in their thirties decide to make something of their lives.  I saw this film listed on a "Top 10 Films of 2011" listed and decided to watch it.  I had seen this director's first film, Me and You Everyone We Know and did not enjoy it. So I watched this against my better judgment wanting to give Miranda July the benefit of the doubt.  This film is needlessly slowly and borders on boring.  I appreciate the film as art - there are some great shots, the characters quirky and amusing.  But overall the film feels self indulgent and is more boring than anything else.

The Future is not promising with only 2 out of 5 Poblanos!

Director: Miranda July
Writer: Miranda July
Starring: Miranda July, Hamish Linklater and David Warshofsky
Rotten Tomatoes: 71%
Metacritic: 67 out of 100

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start a discussion, leave messages, comments, jokes, whatever!